Here is the (real) news
By Melanie Phillips
Here is some information about the war between Gaza and Israel that for some unaccountable reason you may have missed today in Britain’s mainstream media.
- The casualty rate in Gaza from Israeli strikes is astoundingly low
It shows beyond doubt that the Israelis are not only doing everything they can to avoid civilian casualties, but have achieved a degree of precision in doing so which no other army can match. For sure, every civilian casualty is regrettable, and the deaths of children are always tragic -- today’s apparently heavy toll particularly so, including at what appears to have been a mistaken target. Such mistakes inevitably happen in war.
But consider this: the very low casualty rate among Israelis from the thousands of rockets that have rained down on them from Gaza is largely due to the fact that Israel has provided its citizens with shelters to save their lives. In Gaza, by horrific contrast, the Hamas leadership has deliberately exposed its citizens to attack by siting its rocket arsenals among them in order to maximise the number of civilian men, women and children who will be killed.
- A number of Gazan civilians may have been killed by their own rockets
- Here’s one: Hamas lies that a child killed by its own rocket was killed by Israel
Just how prominent do you reckon the apologies on CNN and in the British media for this sloppy and incompetent reporting/malicious war libel of Israel will be?
- Hamas admits to using human shields
- Hamas is now using journalists as human shields
- Hamas tells lies as a matter of routine
- Hamas is now threatening human bomb attacks
- Israel is feeding the hand that bites it
- And now for some news from civilised Britain